Monday, July 1, 2013

Lakshmi and Suman !

Lakshmi is exceptionally excited to show me her piece of land. Suman is very keen to come with us. We three leave the house to reach to the farm; gossiping, singing, photographing, chit-chating with folks on our way. It swiftly gets gloomy and misty as we reach to an elevated piece of land, I would rather say, Lakshmi’s piece of solitude.
Suman and Lakshmi start to work hurriedly. They want to go home as early as possible. They have voluntarily taken my responsibility hence both of them don’t want me to get wet when it will start to pour. As time flies, I manage to convince them to stay there for a longer period of time.
While working relentlessly, Lakshmi and I try to convince Suman to sing. Suman’s father is traditional classical singer living in Bhilwara. Suman, very shy and introvert, lives with her grandmother in a village. After our rigorous efforts, she starts to sing.. ‘ Kesariya balam padharo mhare des..’ Her voice runs through you.
I stand up, ecstatic feelings running through me..

No comments:

Post a Comment